It’s hard to believe that nearly two months have passed since Los Angeles County first issued its stay-at-home order. What we had hoped would be over in a couple weeks now seems to have no clear end in sight. Yet we remain as committed as ever to serving our community’s people and pets.
As an essential business, Pasadena Humane has kept its doors open, albeit with modified operations and appointment-based services. Through it all, our animals have continued to receive the highest level of care whether at the shelter or in loving foster homes. And we’ve ensured that our staff are kept safe while doing their critical lifesaving work.
Watch the inspiring video above to see what we’ve been up to the last couple months.
And here are just a few of new ways we are available for you:
- Our virtual adoptions program is off to a great start fielding over 1,600 adoption applications over the past few weeks.
- The Shelter Shop, our onsite pet supply store, now offers ordering by phone and pick-up in our outdoor breezeway.
- You can book an online training session for your dog, cat or critter with a member of our wonderful behavior and training team.
- Stay connected by attending an upcoming fun and educational webinar or engage your young animal lovers with our self-paced Kids at Home programming.
- Get yourself something special while helping the animals. Bid on a wide-variety of items in our online auction fundraiser, which replaces our annual in-person golf tournament this year. You have until 8PM on Saturday, May 16th to make your bids – so don’t miss out!
Our next challenge as we head into the summer months will be our “busy season.” Shelter intake typically picks up as the weather warms and this year is proving to be no different. We are beginning to see more homeless and stray animals coming to the shelter in need.
As we brace for higher shelter intake, Pasadena Humane continues to stay true to our mission of leading the way towards a compassionate and caring community for all animals. I’m incredibly proud of our entire team of dedicated staff and volunteers. And, of course, to our larger community of supporters. YOU make this possible.
Thank you so much for all you do to help homeless pets, each and every one of you.
President & CEO
Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA