Shelter Shop & Boarding
The Shelter Shop
The Shelter Shop is our onsite retail store. All proceeds from the Shelter Shop stay at PHS to help support our animal care programs. So what you spend here, helps here.
We carry a variety of high-quality foods, collars, toys, and other pet products at competitive prices. Plus, we offer discounts for adopters, seniors, PHS volunteers and military.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Ask us to special order your pet’s favorite product.
Heading out for a long weekend or an extended holiday? The Pasadena Humane Society offers affordable dog boarding.
**Starting February 1, 2018, we will require The Canine Influenza Vaccine for all dogs in our boarding facility. The Canine Influenza Vaccine is available at the Pasadena Humane Society Walk-In Wellness Clinic. For more information, go to pasadenahumane.org/vax or contact your private veterinarian. The Canine Influenza Vaccine consists of two vaccines given 3 weeks apart. Dogs are considered immune two weeks after the 2nd vaccine in the series.
- Our boarding facility is comprised of outdoor, climate-controlled kennels. Kennels are heated during cold periods and mist-cooled in excessive heat.
- Dogs are fed with Hill’s Science Diet dry kibble once or twice a day, according to owner’s instructions. For an additional $1 per day, you may bring the food of your choice.
- Dogs are cared for by PHS staff during business hours only. If after hours or emergency care is required, dogs will be transported to a veterinary hospital.
- Dogs remain in their kennel during their stay and are not walked by PHS staff unless you request Boarding Playtime. Please notify the Shelter Shop attendant if you have arranged for an outside party to walk your dog.
- You may bring treats and toys larger than a tennis ball and/or bedding, but we cannot guarantee their condition at time of pick up.
- Dogs must be in good health, and be between 6 months and 10 years of age.
- Maximum length of stay for all dogs is 3 weeks.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations. We cannot admit your dog without a current record of rabies, DHLPP and Bordetella vaccinations.
- It is recommended dogs are vaccinated 2 weeks prior to boarding. PHS offers low-cost vaccines at the SNiP clinic by appointment.
- Any medications must be in their original container with the prescription label attached.
- Dogs 40lbs and under: $20 per day
- Dogs 41lbs and up: $23 per day
- Special medical and dietary requirements are subject to an additional $1.00 fee per day.
- Boarding fees are per calendar day regardless of drop-off time. You will not be charged for the day you pickup if you arrive before 1 p.m.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any change or cancelation to your reservation.
Is your pup used to a daily walk or running around the yard? During their stay, your dog can enjoy one-on-one playtime with a member of our Behavior and Training staff.
- Boarding Playtime is offered 7 days a week. A 30 minute session costs $12. We also offer a play and basic obedience training package at $22 for a 30 minute session.
- Boarding Playtime takes place in the outdoor socialization yard or the indoor training center. You can also request your dog be taken on a walk in the park.
- You can sign your dog up for Boarding Playtime as many times or days as you would like during his/her stay.
- Boarding Playtime is available on a first come, first served basis. We recommend you reserve your dog’s space when making your boarding reservation.
Shelter Shop And Boarding Hours
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Parking is available in our underground structure off Raymond Avenue. Staff can assist with carry outs.
Questions? Call us at 626.792.7151 ext. 125.