Kids for Animals At Home
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is excited to bring our Kids for Animals program into your home! Our humane education activities encourage respect and kindness for all living beings and help kids connect with the animals they love. Activities are geared toward kids ages 7-12. New content will be added every week. Get started with Kids for Animals At Home today!
- Animal Myths Debunked
- Adopting a Pet
- Adoption Matching Game
- Create Your Own Animal Campaign Slogan
- Who Needs a Foster?
- Animal Welfare Organizations
- We Love Wildlife Video
- We Love Wildlife Worksheet
- Coyote Safety Video
- Wildlife Hidden Words Picture
- Community Cats Video
- Color the Community Cats
- Animal Art Webinar
- Cat Word Search
- Cat Toy Scavenger Hunt
- Dog or Cat?
- Dog Years vs. Human Years
- My Animal App Project
- PHS Word Scramble
- What To Do If You Find Kittens
Humane Education Live
Join us for our fun, informative and free Humane Education Live broadcasts!
Critters on Instagram Live
Thursday, May 28, 12-12:30pm
Get to know some of our other furry, scaly and feathered friends during a visit to our Critter House. Animal Behavior Specialist, Quinn Pickering, will introduce you to some of our Critter House residents and chat about all things rabbits, hamsters and more! Join us on IG Live @pasadenahumane.
Wildlife in Watercolor
Tuesday, June 2, 12-12:30pm
Watercolor along with Miss Loni as she chats with Wildlife Manager, Lauren Hamlett, about lots of amazing wildlife. You’ll learn all kinds of interesting facts about animals like coyotes and turtles, all while creating beautiful wildlife watercolors. Register here.
Cat Treat Cooking Show
Tuesday, June 16, 12-12:30pm
If your cat loves treats, just wait until they taste the ones you make for them! Join Pasadena Humane’s Cat Treat Cooking Show webinar and learn how to make some tasty treats for your feline friends. Humane Education Coordinator, Loni Watson, will lead you step-by-step on how to make some delicious bake and no-bake treats! Register here.
Kids for Animals Certificate
Did you know there are lots of ways to earn your Kids for Animal Certificate? You can earn your certificate by sending us:
- A photo of a toy or treat you’ve made for your pet
- A photo of an animal-related art project you’ve completed
- A one-minute video of your pet doing a new trick you taught them
- A one-minute video of you reading to your pet
- A completed Kids at Home worksheet
- A paragraph telling us about something you learned during one of our kids webinars, videos, or Instagram live streams
Send us your photos, videos, worksheets, and writing by filling out the Kids for Animals Certificate form. Then look out for your certificate arriving in the mail very soon!