Volunteer Opportunities for Age 15 and Over
Share your love for animals by becoming a Pasadena Humane volunteer.
Our amazing volunteers support all areas of the organization. Here are some ways adults and teens 15 and older can volunteer to help the animals:
Volunteer as a docent, assisting and answering visitor questions at the shelter. This is a great opportunity to engage visitors and help them at the same time. Weekday and weekend shifts available. Open to volunteers 6 and older (anyone under 15 needs to be accompanied by a parent or guardian).
Ambassadors help guide shelter visitors around the kennels, answer adoption and animal-related questions, and ensure guests keep their hands out of the kennels during Visiting Hours and events. This program accepts volunteers aged 14 (with a parent or guardian) and 15 + without a parent or guardian.
Kitten Foster Volunteer
Care for orphaned kittens until they’re ready to be placed for adoption! Many of the foster kittens are already eating solid food on their own. However, our greatest need is for foster parents who can care for bottle babies, as these most fragile kittens need round-the-clock feeding and care that we are unable to provide at the shelter. Visit our Foster page to sign up!
- Be at least 15 years old. If you are under 15, check out all of our programming for kids and teens.
- Attend required training sessions for each volunteer opportunity you select.
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours monthly for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Communicate kindly with fellow volunteers, Pasadena Humane staff and members of the public.
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols.
- Understand and accept Pasadena Humane’s mission and its socially conscious sheltering philosophy.
Log your hours remotely using VolunteerMatters. If you are not able to access your volunteer profile, please email the volunteer department at email@example.com.
Sign up for our email newsletter