We want to help you find your lost pet as quickly as possible. Here are some tips:
Visit the shelter in person to look for your pet and fill out a lost pet form. Please call our animal resource center at 626.792.7151 ext. 975 to make an appointment at Pasadena Humane.
Post lost pet flyers in your neighborhood.
Pasadena Humane accepts lost, injured and ill animals from Altadena, Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Crescenta-Montrose, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre, and South Pasadena.
If you do not see your pet on our website, please search other local shelter systems, including LA Animal Services (serving the City of Los Angeles), LA County Animal Care & Control (serving most areas in Los Angeles County) & San Gabriel Valley Humane Society (serving San Gabriel & Temple City).
In accordance with Pasadena Municipal Code, Pasadena Humane observes a 120-hour holding period for any impounded animal not in bite quarantine.
California law requires that every dog over four months old be vaccinated against rabies and licensed. If your dog is in one of our licensing service cities and is not licensed, you will be required to pay a license fee when picking up your dog. Licensing fees vary by city.
Lost Pet Prevention Tips
Help keep your pets safe and reduce the chances of them getting lost with the following tips:
- Make sure your pet is always wearing a collar with a current ID tag. License your dog and put the license tag on the collar.
- Microchip your pets! Don’t forget to register the microchip and update your contact information any time it changes.
- Spay or neuter your pet. Fixed dogs and cats are less likely to roam.
- Keep your dog on leash or in a fully fenced yard/play area. Don’t leave your dog unsupervised. Keep cats indoors or provide them with a secure outdoor space like a catio.
- Leave your pet at home. Think again before leaving your dog in the car or tying them out front of the store while you run errands.
- Always have an easily accessible, current photo of your pet to share in the event they are lost.
Sign up for our email newsletter