Low-Cost Spay & Neuter
Help fight the tragedy of pet overpopulation by spaying or neutering your cat or dog.
Our public spay/neuter clinic offers affordable surgery for any pet cat or dog that needs it.
What is spay/neuter? Why should I sterilize my pet?
Spay/neuter surgery makes it impossible for your cat or dog to have babies.
Currently, there are not enough homes for all the pets we have and spay/neuter reduces the number of animals born that will end up in shelters or roaming on the street.
The potential benefits include:
- reduction in illnesses of reproductive systems
- decrease roaming
- decreased aggressive tendencies
- lower dog license fees
Thank you for deciding to spay/neuter your pet. Your decision is good for your pet and benefits our community!
Before you get your appointment, please read the following:
- Your pet must be at least 2 months old and weigh at least 2 pounds. You may want to consult with your veterinarian to decide the right age for your pet.
- If your pet does not have all of his/her vaccinations, please vaccinate your pet at least a week before surgery. You may do this at our low cost clinic by emailing SNiP@pasadenahumane.org.
- For the safety of pets over 5 years, we recommend and may require a blood test before surgery to determine your pet’s health status for anesthesia. The cost is $50.
- To save time on the day of your appointment, print and fill out the required forms before your visit.
Cost of Surgery*
Prices are for residents in our animal control contract cities (Altadena, Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Crescenta-Montrose, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena and Unincorporated Pasadena). If you live outside our area, you will be charged an additional $30.00.
Pit bulls, pit bull mixes, Chihuahuas and their mixes 15 pounds or less are sterilized and microchipped at no cost to you, if you reside in our service area. Your dog will be assessed to determine whether or not it meets required breed and weight specifications. Additional fees may apply for non-routine surgeries.
We accept cash, checks and credit cards.
- Female $65.00 / Male $45.00** For the entire month of July, we are spaying/neutering cats one year and younger for just $20. Simply book your appointment below.
- FeLV/FIV testing $30.00
Myth: My dog will feel less like a male if I neuter him.
Fact: Your dog will not lose his identity. His basic personality will be the same, but he may be less likely to run away or show aggressive behavior, associated with mating.
Myth: The surgery is dangerous and very painful.
Fact: Sterilization is the most common surgery performed on pets. Healthy pets are at very little risk and are given anesthesia and pain medication for discomfort.