Low-Cost Spay & Neuter
**Please read through all of the information below before you schedule your pet.
Help fight the tragedy of pet overpopulation by spaying or neutering your cat or dog.
Our public spay/neuter clinic offers affordable surgery for any pet cat or dog that needs it.
What is spay/neuter? Why should I sterilize my pet?
Spay/neuter surgery makes it impossible for your cat or dog to have babies.
Currently, there are not enough homes for all the pets we have and spay/neuter reduces the number of animals born that will end up in shelters or roaming on the street.
The potential benefits include:
- Prevention of reproductive system diseases like deadly infections and cancers.
- Decreased roaming.
- Reduced aggressive tendencies.
- Less nuisance behaviors like marking.
- Reduction in dog licence fees.
Thank you for deciding to spay/neuter your pet. Your decision is good for your pet and benefits our community!
Before you get your appointment, please read the following:
- Your pet must be at least 2 months old and weigh at least 2 pounds.
- To save time on the day of your appointment, print and fill out the required forms before your visit.
- Based on your pets physical exam and medical history our veterinarians reserve the right to refuse any and all services.
Cost of Surgery*
- Female $65.00 / Male $45.00
- FeLV/FIV testing $40.00
Prices are for residents in our animal control contract cities (Altadena, Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Crescenta-Montrose, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena and Unincorporated Pasadena). If you live outside our area, you will be charged an additional $30.00.
Pit bulls, pit bull mixes, Chihuahuas and their mixes 15 pounds or less are sterilized and microchipped at no cost to you, if you reside in our service area. Your dog will be assessed to determine whether or not it meets required breed and weight specifications. Additional fees may apply for non-routine surgeries.