Spay & Neuter
**Please read through all of the information below before you schedule your pet.
Help fight the tragedy of pet overpopulation by spaying or neutering your cat or dog.
Our public spay/neuter clinic offers affordable surgery for any pet cat or dog that needs it.
What is spay/neuter? Why should I sterilize my pet?
Spay/neuter surgery makes it impossible for your cat or dog to have babies.
Currently, there are not enough homes for all the pets we have and spay/neuter reduces the number of animals born that will end up in shelters or roaming on the street.
The potential benefits include:
- Prevention of reproductive system diseases like deadly infections and cancers.
- Decreased roaming.
- Reduced aggressive tendencies.
- Less nuisance behaviors like marking.
- Reduction in dog license fees.
Thank you for deciding to spay/neuter your pet. Your decision is good for your pet and benefits our community!
Before you get your appointment, please read the following:
- Your pet must be at least 2 months old and weigh at least 2 pounds.
- To save time on the day of your appointment, print and fill out the required forms before your visit.
- Based on your pets physical exam and medical history our veterinarians reserve the right to refuse any and all services.
Cost of Surgery
There are no extra charges for reducible umbilical hernias, pyometra, overweight, pregnant, in heat or cryptorchid animals.
Additional services, such as vaccination, nail trim and flea medication, are available at the time of spay/neuter for an additional cost (full list of additional services provided on check-in form).
Payment is required in full at time of drop off. We do not accept checks.
If you need financial assistance with spay/neuter please contact our Helping Paws program at 626.792.7151 ext. 281 (Habla Espanol)
You must be approved by the Helping Paws program prior to making your appointment. Requests for financial assistance will not be honored the day of surgery.
Animal Welfare Non-Profit Groups
If you are an animal welfare non-profit and would like to establish a spay/neuter partnership with us please email SNiPpartners@pasadenahumane.org. Only approved partnerships will receive a discounted rate.
Please click here for all information and to schedule TNR.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.