Let’s celebrate Be Kind To Animals Week with a fun poster contest for kids of all ages! Be Kind To Animals Week begins May 2. It was created by the American Humane Association in 1915 to encourage compassion to animals.
- Tag ‘em!
- Pets rely on people to keep them happy, healthy and safe. The best way to keep our pets safe is to make sure that they have the most up to date identification. Pets can wear identification tags or have microchips. If they get lost, these items can help them get home sooner. Winning entries will illustrate pets wearing identification tags.
- Wild about Wildlife
- Wild animals are all around us. Whether it is a squirrel in the tree, the skunk in the backyard or the coyote trotting down the street. It’s important that we learn to positively coexist with these creatures. Winning entries will illustrate positive interactions with urban wildlife.
- Primary: Grades 2-5
- Intermediate: Grades 6-8
- Senior: Grades 9-12
- Poster size not to exceed 11” x 17”
- Poster must include the theme name
- Any traditional medium (crayons, colored pencils, watercolor, markers, acrylic paints) may be used. No photographic images or computer generated art will be accepted.
- Artwork must be the original work of the artist. No reproductions, tracing or 3D images will be accepted.
- Entry period will be Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, April 23, 2021
- Winners for each category will be announced on Social Media on May 2, 2021.
- Submit and upload entries using this form
- Entries will be judged on creativity, appearance and interpretation of the theme.
- There will be one winner for each category for each theme.
- Winners will receive a branded Pasadena Humane pair of socks, fanny pack and dog leash, as well as a $25 Gift Certificate for the Pasadena Humane Merchandise Store
- 6 in total