**With the developing news regarding coronavirus COVID-19, we have made the decision to close our shelter kennels to the public. We will be open for lost & found services by appointment only during regular business hours. If you see your lost pet on our website please make an appointment by calling us at 626-792-7151.**
Did a lost dog wander into your yard after the latest fireworks? Has your elderly cat wandered off? PHS cares for lost and found animals in the cities of:
- La Cañada Flintridge
- La Crescenta-Montrose
- San Marino
- Sierra Madre
- South Pasadena
Remember, current identification is your pet’s best ticket home. Purchase an ID tag for your pet and microchip your dog, cat or rabbit. Make a microchip appointment at our affordable vaccine clinic.
If you have found a pet…
Please check for ID tags and have the pet scanned for a microchip at a local veterinary clinic to see if it has an owner that it can be reunited with right away.
If the pet has no ID tags or microchip, here are some things to try before you bring the pet to the shelter:
- Knock on doors on your street to see if anyone knows the pet.
- Create a simple flyer and post it around the neighborhood where you found the pet.
- Create a social media post that includes a photo and description of the pet as well as the location of where you found it. Try posting on your own social media accounts along with Nextdoor and local “Lost & Found Pets of [CITY NAME]” Facebook pages.
- Post a photo of the pet as found on Finding Rover, PawBoost, and Shadow App.
- Consider keeping the lost pet in your home until the owner is found. The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA* can help provide food and supplies as well as other support.
- If you cannot find the owner or temporarily keep the pet and live in one of our service cities, you make bring the animal to our shelter or call 626.792.7151 ext 102 and an officer will pick up the animal.
If you have lost a pet…
- Come to PHS to see if your pet is here and to fill out a lost pet form.
- Check the View Pets section of the website daily. Our online listings are updated hourly with new arrivals.
- Post lost pet flyer in your neighborhood.
- Post a photo of your lost pet on Finding Rover, PawBoost, and Shadow App.
- Check the internet and classified sections for lost and found pet listings.
***The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA observes a hold period for animals found stray or abandoned. Counting the first day, dogs with no identification will be held for 4 days, becoming eligible for adoption on their 5th day at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA. Owner turn in dogs and cats, stray and abandoned cats with no identification, and all other types of animals will be held on the day they arrive at the shelter, becoming eligible for adoption the following business day. Animals with identification (microchip, tag, or other ID) will be eligible for adoption or placement after a 10 day stray hold. Our website is updated hourly with new animals at the shelter. We recommend you check it regularly if you are looking for a lost pet.