Did a lost dog wander into your yard after the latest fireworks? Has your elderly cat wandered off? PHS cares for lost and found animals in the cities of:
- La Cañada Flintridge
- La Crescenta-Montrose
- San Marino
- Sierra Madre
- South Pasadena
Remember, current identification is your pet’s best ticket home. Purchase an ID tag for your pet and microchip your dog, cat or rabbit. Make a microchip appointment at our affordable vaccine clinic.
If you have found a pet…
- If you live in one of our service cities, call 626.792.7151 ext 102 and an officer will pick up the animal, when available.You can also bring the animal directly to the shelter.
- If you do not want to take the animal to the shelter, fill out a found report at PHS and submit a photo.
- Make and widely distribute a flyer with a description of the animal near where you found it.
If you have lost a pet…
- Come to PHS to see if your pet is here and to fill out a lost pet form.
- Check the View Pets section of the website daily. Our online listings are updated hourly with new arrivals.
- Post lost pet flyers.
- Check the internet and classified sections for lost and found pet listings.
***The Pasadena Humane Society observes a hold period for animals found stray or abandoned. Counting the first day, animals with no identification will be held for 4 days, becoming eligible for adoptions on their 5th day at the Pasadena Humane Society. Animals with identification (microchip, tag, or other ID) and exotic birds, reptiles and other exotic animals will be eligible for adoption or placement after a 10 day stray hold. Our website is updated hourly with new animals at the shelter. We recommend you check it regularly if you are looking for a lost pet.