The Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to engage in discrimination against any individual, or harassment of any person seeking employment with our organization on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion, and separation. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws.
Full-time employees are offered competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 403(b), short and long-term disability, paid vacation and sick time, and other benefits.
Part-time employees are offered paid sick time and holiday pay at reduced hours.
In addition to benefits paid after completing your introductory period, all active employees qualify for the following:
- Free pet boarding
- Free spay/neuter
- Fee-waived adoptions
- Free pet vaccinations
- Animal Care Assistant – Full Time
- Animal Care Assistant – Part Time, Seasonal
- Animal Care Assistant (Kitten Nursery) – Full Time
- Animal Care Assistant (Kitten Nursery) – Part Time
- Animal Control Officer – Full Time
- Behavior Specialist- Cat – Full Time
- Behavior Specialist – Full Time, Temporary
- Customer Care Assistant – Full Time
- Digital Marketing Associate – Full Time
- Facilities Coordinator – Full Time
- Health Staff RVT – Full Time
- Janitor – Full Time
- Kitten Nursery Coordinator – Full Time
- Outreach Associate – Full Time
- Veterinary Assistant – Full Time
- Veterinary Assistant (Kitten Nursery) –
- Wildlife Seasonal Tech – Part Time
Send resume along with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put the job title in the subject line of your email) or by mail to Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA, ATTN: HR, 361 S. Raymond Ave, Pasadena CA 91105 or by fax to (626) 792-3810. No additional phone calls or e-mails please.
Applicants who appear to be the highest qualified will be contacted and invited to participate in the first phase of the selection process, which consists of a written examination. Applicants who succeed in the written examination are invited to an oral interview to further evaluate their experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
All positions listed are for employment at our Pasadena, California facility. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older. All job descriptions come in PDF format. Please download Adobe Reader to open these files.