Are you an animal lover looking for a meaningful volunteer experience? Our volunteers support every area of the Pasadena Humane Society. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the animals in our care. Help us work towards making a more humane community for all animals!
Becoming A Volunteer
The first step to becoming a PHS volunteer is to view our upcoming volunteer opportunities. Each volunteer position has a unique set of requirements and expectations. If you decide you’d like to join one of the programs, please fill out the questionnaire at the end of the program description. You will then receive an invite via email to PHS volunteer orientation and training.
Different volunteer opportunities are available each month, so keep an eye on our upcoming volunteer opportunities for the next exciting program!
Sunday Morning Helpers
Can’t volunteer with us on a regular basis? Join us for Sunday Morning Helpers at the Pasadena Humane Society! You, your family members and friends can volunteer for a crafting or cleaning crew. Make cat, dog or rabbit toys and beds for our shelter animals to enjoy or help tidy up the shelter.
The minimum volunteer age for Sunday Morning Helpers is six years old. Volunteers 6-14 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Volunteers 15 and older may volunteer on their own. All volunteers must submit required Pasadena Humane Society volunteer waivers and forms.
Sign up for the next Sunday Morning Helpers!
Other Ways to Volunteer with Us
- Don’t see an option at the shelter that’s a good fit for you? Help out the animals from the convenience of your own home with our at-home service projects. After you finish one, swing by our Volunteer Services Office to turn it in and, if necessary, get your service hours approved.
- If you’d like to volunteer regularly at the shelter but aren’t yet 15, you and your parent or guardian can become laundry volunteers! Help the animals by providing them with clean, sanitized towels and bedding.
- For more great ways for kids to get involved with PHS, check out our Just for Kids page.
- Please consider joining our events mailing list so you can get updates about events we’re having that require the help of volunteers. You can sign up for the events mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and writing “Events” in the subject line.
General Volunteer Requirements
- Understand and accept the Pasadena Humane Society’s philosophies
- Communicate kindly, courteously and professionally
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols
- Have no felony or record of cruelty, abuse or neglect of animals and/or children
- Be 15 years of age or older to volunteer with animals. Other fun opportunities are available to volunteers age 14 and younger.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours monthly if working on site or a minimum of 4 hours quarterly if off site
- Fill out a questionnaire for the programs in which you are interested
- Complete an application
- Sign and submit required waivers and forms
- Attend Volunteer Orientation
- Attend any required training sessions
- $10 volunteer kit fee
- Read more about volunteering at PHS in our Volunteer Policies and Procedures Handbook
For Current Volunteers
Access VicNet to log your hours.