Are you an animal lover looking for a meaningful volunteer experience? Our volunteers support every area of the Pasadena Humane Society. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the animals in our care. Help us work towards making a more humane community for all animals!
Becoming A Volunteer
The first step to becoming a PHS volunteer is to attend an information session for an open volunteer position that interests you. The info session will provide a basic overview of the volunteer position you are considering.
Keep in mind, each volunteer position has a unique set of requirements and expectations. Your attendance at an information session does not guarantee your acceptance into the PHS volunteer program.
Please view the volunteer opportunities calendar for upcoming information session dates. You do not need to RSVP or sign up for any information session.
Open Volunteer Opportunities
- Cat Socialization
- Foster Care
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
- Toy Bucket
- Wildlife Husbandry
- Wildlife Release and Transport
Just need service hours?
- Wiggle Waggle Walk Poster Rally!
Help us get the word out about our big fundraising event, the Wiggle Waggle Walk happening at Brookside Park at the Pasadena Rose Bowl on September 25th.
Step 1. Grab any one (or more) of the envelopes containing Wiggle Waggle Walk brochures and posters from the Volunteer Services Office any day, Tuesday-Sunday, during regular shelter hours. Each envelope contains 50 brochures and 5 posters.
Step 2. Deliver the brochures and posters to businesses within any of our nine service cities: Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Canada Flintridge, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena. Try to leave at least 10 brochures and 1 poster at each business.
Step 3. Collect a business card from each business you leave brochures and posters at.
Step 4. Bring back the original envelope with the business cards to the Volunteer Services Office by September 19th. We will be here, Monday-Friday from 9 AM – 5:30 PM, to sign any service hour paperwork. And now you’re done!
- Service Projects
General Volunteer Requirements
- Understand and accept the Pasadena Humane Society’s philosophies regarding adoptions and euthanasia
- Communicate kindly, courteously, and professionally
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols
- Have no record of cruelty, abuse or neglect of animals and/or children
- Be 15 years of age or older. Some positions require you to be at least 18. If under 15 years of age, please see our At-Home Service Projects for service hour opportunities.
- Attend an information session for the program in which you are interested. Complete a Volunteer Questionnaire given at the information session.
- Complete an application (if invited)
- Sign required waivers and forms
- Attend mandatory Volunteer Orientation
- Attend any required training sessions
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours monthly if working on-site, or a minimum of 4 hours of service quarterly if off-site
For Current Volunteers
Access VicNet to log your hours.