Are you an animal lover looking for a meaningful volunteer experience? Our volunteers support every area of the Pasadena Humane Society. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the animals in our care. Help us work towards making a more humane community for all animals!
Becoming A Volunteer
The first step to becoming a PHS volunteer is to attend an information session for an open volunteer position that interests you. The info session will provide a basic overview of the volunteer position you are considering.
Keep in mind, each volunteer position has a unique set of requirements and expectations. Your attendance at an information session does not guarantee your acceptance into the PHS volunteer program.
Please view the volunteer opportunities calendar for upcoming information session dates. You do not need to RSVP or sign up for any information session.
Open Volunteer Opportunities
Other Ways to Volunteer with Us
- Don’t see an option at the shelter that’s a good fit for you? Help out the animals from the convenience of your own home with our at-home service projects. After you finish one, swing by our Volunteer Services Office to turn it in and, if necessary, get your service hours approved.
- Please consider joining our events mailing list so you can get updates about events we’re having that require the help of volunteers. You can sign up for the events mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and writing “Events” in the subject line.
General Volunteer Requirements
- Understand and accept the Pasadena Humane Society’s philosophies regarding adoptions and euthanasia
- Communicate kindly, courteously, and professionally
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols
- Have no record of cruelty, abuse or neglect of animals and/or children
- Be 15 years of age or older. Some positions require you to be at least 18. If under 15 years of age, please see our At-Home Service Projects for service hour opportunities.
- Attend an information session for the program in which you are interested. Complete a Volunteer Questionnaire given at the information session.
- Complete an application (if invited)
- Sign required waivers and forms
- Attend mandatory Volunteer Orientation
- Attend any required training sessions
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours monthly if working on-site, or a minimum of 4 hours of service quarterly if off-site
For Current Volunteers
Access VicNet to log your hours.