Older animals make great pets. We hope that when you’re ready to bring home a new pet, you consider adopting a more distinguished new family member. Here are just a few great reasons why:
1. With older pets, what you see is what you get. Adult pets are full grown and their general temperament is already developed.
2. Adult animals are usually more mellow and easy-going. While they may spend more time napping, they can just as easily enjoy a stroll in the park or a tussle with a favorite toy.
3. Old dogs can learn new tricks! Adult animals are calmer and more focused, making it easy to teach new commands and house rules.
4. Mature animals tend to be more independent and don’t need the constant supervision of a puppy or kitten.
5. Senior pets are more likely to be housebroken or litterbox trained before you adopt them.
6. Senior pets have lots of life experience, making them all the more grateful for a second or third chance at a loving home.
7. Seniors for Seniors Program: PHS offers free adoptions for dog and cats over 5 years old when the adopter is 60 and older.
View all adoptable pets at pasadenahumane.org/pets.