Are You Willing To Leave A Legacy Of Kindness?
A planned gift is an opportunity to ensure that the values you hold dear continue to live on in a legacy of love and kindness. Planned gifts can be made by naming Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA as a beneficiary in wills, insurance policies, IRA’s and more.
If you would like help in establishing your own legacy for animals or ensuring your pets are provided for, please contact Ryne Meadors,Major Gifts Officer, at (626) 792-7151 x123 or email@example.com to discuss the variety of options best suited to your personal needs.
Once your plans have been made, please let us know so that we may thank you and add you as a member of our Legacy Society. Members receive invitations to special events, recognition in our annual report and on our digital donor wall, along with a commemorative lapel pin and a 10% discount in our Shelter Shop.
Your Giving Options
Although cash contributions are always appreciated, there are other options that may benefit you and Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA. The most popular fall into the following categories:
Wills and living trusts: allow you to defer a gift until after your lifetime by designating a specific dollar amount, a percentage or share of the residue and provides the following benefits:
- Maintain control of the asset for your lifetime
- Gift is exempt from federal estate tax
- Suggested language
I give, devise and bequeath to Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (the sum of $) (X percent of my estate) (the following property) (the remainder of my estate). The property comprising this gift may be used to further the charitable purpose of Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA, a California nonprofit corporation located at 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105.
Life insurance policies: allow you to make a large gift with little cost to yourself. If your policy is paid in full, naming Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA as the primary or secondary beneficiary of all or a portion of your life insurance policy will provide the following benefits:
- Receive a current income tax deduction
- Possibly receive future deductions through gifts to pay policy premiums
- Contribute a life insurance policy you no longer need
Gifts of Stock: Stock that has increased in value and has been held for a minimum of a year is one of the most popular assets used for charitable giving. Making a gift of stock offers you the chance to help the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA while realizing many important benefits for yourself.
For stock donations, please contact:
Anne Egan, Merrill Lynch Registered Senior Client Associate
(213) 236-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanabe, McMahon & Tanimoto Group
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc.
Two California Plaza, Suite 2700
350 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Retirement plans: allow you to eliminate tax on capital gains by contributing long-term stock or other securities. If you have an IRA 401(k) or 403(b) plan, naming Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA as a primary or secondary beneficiary to receive all or a portion of the proceeds from your retirement plan will provide you with the following benefits:
- Immediate charitable deduction of full fair market value
- Elimination of capital gains tax
- Gifts of Real Estate: can be given to Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA through a donor’s will or living trust. Real estate can carry substantial capital gains or appreciation in value. Using real estate to fund a gift allows you to preserve your cash assets and receive significant tax advantages. Please consult your accountant, attorney or other professional of your choice to assist you with your planned gift, as individual circumstances vary.
Information for Your Legal Advisor:
- Our legal name: Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
- Address: 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105
- Federal Tax ID: 95-1643344
- Relationship: Tax exempt 501(c)(3) California nonprofit organization